Sunday, March 8, 2015

I think I have finally contributed every possible category on the Database

As I've mentioned before, I spend a LOT of time on the Trading Card Database, working on posting all my cards. But there's more than just cards to post, and I think I finally hit every single category late last night when I posted my first external link to a set. In fact, the link was to one of my early posts here on Cardboard History, when I did a set profile on 1995-96 Fleer.

I just posted my first external links for people and videos in the past couple of weeks as well.

Here are my stats on the Database-

Please note that the errors are incorrect. Last year sometime they gave us the ability to enter errors ourselves, and that doesn't show up in our stats. It's somewhere around a dozen now but I have no idea how many exactly. I'll be posting another today, in fact, as I just discovered an undocumented error where a person who's name is Jack was listed as Jim on the card.

I also hit contribution #100 on hockey yesterday as well.

I have not hit all the categories, as I have no soccer, MMA, Boxing or Tennis cards at all in my collection, and while I do have some golf cards they were all posted before I was given them. I also don't have anything for Misc. Sports either, at least right now. The Olympics used to be in that class but have since been switched to Multi-Sport so it left off my stats chart. I didn't know they made bowling cards but I found them on the Database.

I began posting to the Database in October 2012, so it's taken me quite a while to accomplish this, and it's something I'm happy to have accomplished. Of course, knowing my luck, I will surely find out about something I have not contributed later today, haha.

Thanks for reading!

3 comments:

  1. Great article, as usual and I am sure it won't be long until you find something for "misc" category. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep up the great work, Billy. As a regular TCDB user, I appreciate it (and I try to do my part when I can)!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Always thinking of something I can add. Been working on football and hockey lately. Since I posted this a few days ago I got my football contribution from 75 to over 300, and hockey is over 200...but will clear 300 tomorrow, probably.

      Delete