Thursday, April 2, 2015

Throwback Thursday #2: 1933 Useful Birds of America 6th Series #15 Junco

Almost missed my second Throwback Thursday post! I forgot what day it was. (*smacks self upside head)

Today I move way back, to pre-World War II, to 1933, with my first posting of one of the Church & Dwight (Arm & Hammer) Useful Birds of America cards. I have been a bird watcher my entire life, and I was able to get my hands on some of these cards for the first time recently. I love them. They did 10 series from 1915-1938 (I think) and my goal is to complete them all. They are fairly common and inexpensive so I should be able to given enough time.

The sixth series was the first one I found cards from, although this was not the first card I found- it is my favorite of the ones  I have so far. Juncos are a common sight in my back yard.


In reality, though, you really can't see their eyes, which is why I've called them "the little eyeless birds" since I was a little kid.
Here's a photo of one I took in 2009.
Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment