Thursday, May 7, 2015

Throwback Thursday #5: Unknown cards from 1947

I actually remembered Throwback Thursday on Thursday, imagine that.

Today I am going to take a different approach and post some cards I really don't know much about. I found these at my local vintage dealer, and, as a fan of birds and cards, I brought them home. I don't know what set they are from, or a checklist for the set, of course. I don't even know what company made them.

Any ID help would be appreciated.

They are the same length as a normal card, but not as wide. They are slightly larger than the old 1990s phone card inserts were. The corers are rounded.




6 comments:

  1. Billy -- looks like this set on eBay: http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Traindex-1947-Bird-Cards-40-Cards-with-Pictures-on-Front-Facts-on-Back-/360862907353

    ReplyDelete
  2. I super collect Rose-Breasted Grosbeaks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cool! Had one visit our feeder last month. Pretty rare. Only the second one I've seen in our yard ever...I've been paying attention to the birds since the early 1990s.

      Delete