Sunday, November 8, 2015

Hot off the Scanner Tray week 7- all 1990s NASCAR edition

It has been a slow week for me. I didn't really do a whole lot of scanning or anything else, even missing a few days where I didn't scan a single thing.

It doesn't help that I was sick again. 4th time in 2015.

I did do some scanning, though, and it was all NASCAR, all working on prepping the backs of the cards that I had previously done the fronts of during 2009-12. I've talked about that before.

Remember last week I showed a card where I accidentally cut the bottom of a diecut card off the scanner? Here's the replacement scan.
 I did all the base cards I had for 1999 Press Pass, which is all of them. But the final 36 cards in the set were short prints and I don't have all them. 1999 Press Pass is my favorite Press Pass design.


I finished 1996 Pinnacle Pole Position, a K-Mart exclusive set. Remember when K-Mart was a big deal in retail cards?

 I remember pulling this insert from my very first pack, back in 1996. In all this time I've only gotten two other cards from the most common insert in the set. (Interestingly, but coincidentally, the other two cards I have in the insert are Darrell Waltrip and Dale Earnhardt, the two drivers posted above. I just got the Earnhardt a few months ago) The card is holofoil.
 Sometime in the 1990s I purchased what was supposed to be a complete set of the foil version of 1996 Pinnacle. Instead of the actual #13 of Dale Jarrett, they included the Winston Cup Collection etched parallel instead. My copy got damaged being in my storage unit for several years. (I forgot I even had those cards until we found them down there!). I am missing the foil version of the card, making it 1 card short of the complete set.
I did all of my 1997 Pinnacle Certified set...a grand total of two pack's worth.

I also did all of the 1997 Racer's Choice and 1997 Skybox ProFile that I mentioned/posted several HOSTs ago.

I prepped, but have not posted yet, 1997 Pinnacle. I really like this set but I didn't get a lot of it when it was new. 1997 was not a good year for me for NASCAR cards, most of the ones I have I got much later.

Unfortunately not all the cards I have are in the greatest condition.

It looks like somebody used the back as a cutting board. there's more damaged that didn't even show in the scan as it was on the white portions of the card. I wish I could say this was the worst condition card in my collection, but it's not. Someday I hope to replace it with a better condition copy. Like I've always said, I'd rather have a low condition copy than no copy at all. And, the price was right (I was given this card)

That's it for this week, like I said, a slow week. Being sick kind of slowed me down as well, I have several posts in the Draft stage that I just didn't get to finishing, making this the first time I've posted two HOSTs back to back.

2 comments:

  1. I like the Earnhardt card where you can see the checkers reflected.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is pretty cool. That photo was taken in victory lane in the 1998 Daytona 500. It's also the card I selected to be the cover photo for the set on the Database

      Delete