Sunday, March 13, 2016

50,000th

This will be another short post from me- not very like me, but they can't all be mini-books, right?

I just discovered that on Friday night, I hit 50,000 card fronts posted to the Trading Card Database.

That's a heck of a lot! Yet I don't even rank in the top 5 contributors, either. (OK, I'm 6th...the Database gives those stats on the home page)

But just consider...I just hit the halfway mark on scanning my NBA collection sometime in February. I've been working on my NBA collection since 2010. Every. Single. Day. And I just hit halfway. There's lots more to come. Indeed, I have nearly 10,000 more images waiting to go. (Counting fronts, backs and packaging). I'm slowly working the stash of scans onto the Database. I think I've built up enough now that I no longer have to worry about running out of something to post any time soon.

This was card #50,000.
1990 Maxx Holly Farms #HF5. This is a set I just completed via the Database actually. I bought a set on ebay- or at least, I thought I did. I was so blinded by the great price (under $5) that I didn't notice that it said "NEAR" complete, when it arrived it was missing card #1, Dale Earnhardt. A fellow Database member GAVE me the missing Earnhardt when I had nothing he wanted on my tradelist. It wasn't even the only RAOK from a Database member to arrive that day!  

I've been kind of busy working on a scanning project which I'm not really ready to post yet, so no HOST this week again. There may be one of you out there that misses it, but that may be an optimistic number.  It will return anyway, because I enjoy writing them.

1 comment: