Tuesday, December 27, 2016

Two off the Top 10 Most Wanted List

Back during 2015, I put up a Top 10 most wanted list on the right side of the blog. Right underneath my blog archive and above my blogroll. It has not really helped me all that much, possibly because the cards on there are not easy to find...if they were, they would have been in my collection already!

But I did add two of them in the latest COMC sale binge.

At spot #3, 1995-96 Upper Deck Electric Court #168.
Back in 1996, I was just getting into the NBA. I didn't really know what I was doing, and I traded away one of these Electric Court parallels. It remains, to this day, (28 years in the hobby) the only card I've ever had and no longer do. But I don't remember exactly which card it was....just that it was David Robinson. I don't think it was this one honestly, I think it was his base card, which was in Series 2 that year, and it now takes the #3 most wanted slot on my chart. I won't be totally convinced that I've fixed that major error I made at 12 years old until I get that last card of his from the parallel. It's been haunting me for 20 years now.

One of my favorite things in the world is the Simpsons, and I was 3 cards short on the 1993 Skybox set. All three of them have been on my Top 10 Most Wanted list for a while now, and I set out to see what I could find at COMC. There was only one of them there, but knocking one out of three off my wantlist and into my collection is still great!
Formerly at spot #7, it's card #S13 of the Simpsons set. The exact same design was used in 1994 and again in 2001. I have the entire 1994 set and none of the 2000s set, yet, which I have to get as Comic Book Guy finally got a card in this style.

But for now that's two more off the Top 10 Most Wanted list. It may not be as exciting as tipping off John Walsh, but it makes me pretty darn happy.

5 comments:

  1. Maybe if you keep searching you will find those cards you need this year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't go wrong with The Simpsons! Nice card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've seen every episode of the Simpsons (many times over for the most part) but I don't think I currently own a single Simpsons trading card. I guess it's kind of surprising that it had a 2000s set.

    Email me your address when you get a chance!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They've actually had at least 4 in the 2000s, but I only have examples of two of them in my collection. I'll send that to you as soon as I find your email, thanks!

      Delete