Tuesday, April 18, 2017

30 Day Challenge 17: A card from the first set I put together by hand

This is yet another tough one for me, because I can't really remember which set was the first one I put together by hand. This is similar to post #3 but I took that one to be a set I tried and failed to finish, and this one to be a set I tried and succeeded on. Or at the very least a set I didn't cheat and buy a complete set of.

Most of my early set completions were sets that I bought, either as a factory set or as a set built by somebody else, or that I got as a gift from my family.

I think the first one that I actually finished the hard way- card by card, from packs- was 1997-98 Z-Force. I don't know when I exactly completed it but I was done with it by Christmas 1998. When I was doing it it seemed like a bit of a challenge, but I guess time passes differently when you are young. I know I actually completed series 1 twice over but I never completed a second copy of series 2. I was hoping to be able to trade them for something really good if I ever did, but I didn't. I'm not sure where my spare copy is now, but I know it's around somewhere.

Here's just a random card, #96, Lindsey Hunter. This was a set I loved when it was new but not so much anymore.
The cross-hatching pattern you see is my scanner not being able to properly scan the card. The name and Z are foil.

2 comments:

  1. You're traveling through another dimension. A dimension not only of sight and sound but of mind. A journey into a wondrous land whose boundaries are that of imagination. Your next stop... the Z-Force Zone!

    Sorry, I just got tripped out there. I can see why this set would be more appealing to your younger self. Was Tim Duncan's RC in this set?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha, that's about right! Yes he does have one in the set, as does Tracy McGrady and Keith Van Horn.

      Delete