Tuesday, July 25, 2017

We are the Champions

Although I've been on a hockey kick lately, the NBA is still what my day revolves around. This past NBA season saw one of the most amazing teams ever...when 4 of my 5 favorite players in the league came together to pretty much destroy the rest of the league. When Panini put out a special team set for the Warrior's championship, I had to get it...it arrived on Monday. Without further ado, here are the fronts of all 24 cards, in numerical order.























The great thing is, if this team stays together, we could see them win a lot more. A Bill Russell Celtics era run is not impossible. I hope it happens...and if Panini does another championship set next year, I will try and get it...even if, for some reason, the Warriors don't win. Yeah, I don't see that being an issue.

6 comments:

  1. Excellent post! I love the shots holding the trophy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Off the top of my head I can list eight sports I would watch before I'd watch basketball... but I have to say that's a cool set. I really like having each member of the team holding the trophy, that's a nice touch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The sport is really good again...better than it's been since before the first lockout. I can't wait for the new season.

      Delete
  3. Long time Warriors fan here.Great post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Neat to see the whole set. Personally I think the posing photos are a bit cheesy and if I were to create the set it would be more focused on the journey and would be all action shots. With that being said, congrats on the NBA Championships, always awesome when your team comes through for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They did sort of do that but at $10 a card I couldn't really afford them. This though was special and nearly a dollar per card...$24.99 for 24 cards...much more in the realm of possibility.

      Delete