Sunday, September 17, 2017

Serial Numbered and Relic Non-Sports

My love of Serially Numbered cards is by now well-known. But, for Non-Sports, I really don't have that many. I was only able to add 5 this time, and only one non-sport relic, so I am combining them into one post.


Love the Chrome parallels from the 2009 Heritage sets. Yes, plural. There were two, that both used the exact same designs, but had vastly different checklists. The Teddy Roosevelt comes from the Heroes Edition while Clara Bow is from the standard American Heritage set.
It would have been cool if Topps had used their designs for other sports- Topps has done NBA, NHL and NFL...but instead they couldn't get past baseball. Both Chrome parallels are SN1776. There are also Refractor parallels but they are pretty rare. I think they may have been SN76. I don't have any. I don't have many of the base cards from the set Teddy Roosevelt is from, and I don't have the non-Chrome version. I have the non-SP portion of the base set complete from the set Clara Bow is from. They finished with modern political short prints and I've never really chased them.

 Although very clearly a sports card, is was inserted into a non-sports set so counts towards that collection. I had previously had the autographed relic version, so adding this basic insert version, SN 112/500, is good.

I chose this next card for two reasons:
 It was serially numbered and a set not previously in my collection, what else did you think I was going to say? :)

Hard to see, but the red parallel is SN to 99.

 You all know by now I'm a comic fan...a DC Comics fan. But the Marvel movies, especially in the Avengers Series, are great as a general rule. The first Captain America movie, Avengers move and Thor movie are some of my all-time favorites. I didn't like the Civil War movie. I don't like it when heroes fight each other. But when I was looking to add a non-sport relic to my collection, there were very few that were cards that interested me. TV shows I would never watch, actors I had never heard of. But this one...yeah, this one stood out to me. It is my first EVER movie worn relic in my collection! While I may not have enjoyed this movie, I do enjoy the Marvel Cinematic Universe, and Black Panther is going to be playing a bigger part very soon...his own solo movie comes out later this year. and he will be in the next Avengers movie. (His part was also the best part of the Civil War movie, to boot). It is also my first card from the set, which is a bonus.

3 comments:

  1. Not really a fan on non-sport cards but that Marvel relic is pretty neat. Speaking of Marvel cards, I've got some neat ones to send you I hope you don't have already.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do like non-sport cards. Mostly the Star Wars, Marvel and DC card but love some of the movie cards as well. These are some nice cards. I am a LeAnn Rhimes fan so that helps. I've wanted to grab a cheap box of those cards just to see what I could pull. The T'Challa card is also a highlight for me. Been a fan of Black Panther since I started reading comics. Great post. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The country music boxes usually go for about $20 now, if they are still that price I will probably open one myself. Thanks!

      Delete