Tuesday, October 17, 2017

Holograms

There is nobody in my age group who doesn't love holograms, it seems. I sure do! I was only able to get 4 this time, but I was able to complete a set of them with this COMC order!

My favorite is this Captain Marvel card from 1993 DC Cosmic Teams. Captain Marvel is one of my all-time favorite super heroes. This hologram particularly pops!

From 1992 Impel DC Comics comes the Flash. This one didn't scan as well. Interestingly, despite being two separate sets with two different titles, from two different publishers (Impel and Skybox) the numbering continues from the 1992 to the 1993 set. All told, I now have 4 of the 16 DC holograms from these two sets.


1992 Country Classics is a 100-card release from Collect-A-Card, that, naturally, is all country music. I completed the set not long ago (either last year or earlier this year, I don't recall) and these two holograms are the only inserts- neither of which showed up in my partial box I procured back in 2010. I nabbed them both to make the complete series in one easy step!

9 comments:

  1. I dig holograms big time. Big part of the reason I am chasing those late 90s spx sets. (Still have a ways to go)

    That Captain Marvel looks awesome

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah those were great sets. If you have not seen the 1995-96 SP Premium Collection Holoview set yet, you should check them out- 4 holograms per card! http://www.tradingcarddb.com/Subsets.cfm/sid/2407

      Delete
  2. Odd. You wouldn't think the holograms would scan nice, but you can actually see what the card is like.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not all do. I just got one of them from 1990-91 Upper Deck NHL, and you can't tell who it's supposed to be at all in the scan. Most scan really well though.

      Delete
  3. I loved the Denny's hologram cards as a kid.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll have to look them up on the Database, being holograms I bet they are cool!

      Delete