Thursday, January 4, 2024

New people scanned in December 2023

 2023 was not a huge month for me for scanning. Since I spent the vast majority of the month sick, I wouldn't touch any cards so I basically had only the first 3 days and the week between Christmas and New Years to get any scanning done. In that time I managed to scan 536 cards


However, roughly 1/5th of all cards scanned happened to be new people, 120 total. I purchased a WNBA box on Black Friday which gave me a lot of new people, the Flight box I got for Christmas, and which I already scanned in full, gave a lot more. The 1994 Baseball Finest I posted about doing while I was sick also gave me several new people.

Now, here's something fun that I can do for the first time ever: I can figure out how many new people I scanned in a year. 


That's actually more than I would have guessed. I didn't do any scanning at all in May, July and August. May was the trip to Utah and I was too exhausted. June through August I was mostly working on plastic models, my other main hobby, and didn't devote much or any time to cards at all. 

My one and only thing that comes anything close to a resolution for 2023 is to do at least a little scanning in each month of 2024. That may or may not translate into new people getting scanned, but as long as I make one scan of 9 cards I'll be happy. 

2 comments:

  1. An "off" month for you is still a lot of scanning for most of us. I had every intention of organizing seven years worth of card scans by team but got frustrated with all the copies and group scans and finally gave up last weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! Well I do spend a lot of time scanning. I enjoy it.

      When I built the albums for the teams section when I launched the Cardboard History Gallery it took me about a year and a half to do it. Much easier to just update it now.

      Delete