Tuesday, June 19, 2018

Sets in My Collection #31: 1944 Card-O US Navy

Oops! As you may notice, I am stepping back a decade with a set I missed doing chronologically. When I went in to get the scans for the set that was originally going to be the topic for set #31, I realized I missed this one- both posting about it and typing it into the excel chart I am using as my guideline for posting order.

This is yet another set I had no idea existed until I got my copy, and then I was surprised to find in researching it that it was actually from 1944, right in the middle of WWII. Size and consistency of the card actually matches a playing card, rather than a standard card. I suspect it may have been made on playing card stock.

The set is only 22 cards, which makes it one of the smaller sets out there. I have only this one card.


The cards were not numbered and as is clearly visible, my copy is not in the greatest shape.

The design seems kind of poorly layed out, the blue border on the left should really have been discarded, instead of cutting the back of the ship off. It's possible I may have a mis-cut card, but based on the back I don't think I do.

Editor's note: I am dealing with some health problems right now- something that I have to deal with the rest of my life, but not a lot of fun...so not a lot of new writing coming from me for a little bit. I'm going to post some stuff from my Queue that I have written up for just the times when my health acts up. I'll get back to writing new material as soon as I am able. 

6 comments:

  1. Sorry you're not feeling well. Cool set I've never seen. I like the gulls on the right.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think my favorite part of the card is the font. It looks very crisp. Hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear about the health problems. Sure hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's already been a few days of misery for you. I hope it relents soon!

    ReplyDelete