Thursday, June 21, 2018

Sets in my Collection #32: 1954 Bowman US Navy Victories

This is a set that I only have one card of, and it was free! Gotta love free- even though one of the corners is literally missing and the card is so severely bent that it's nowhere near flat anymore. It's still good enough for me! It's a 48 card set, and the larger than current standard size that was Bowman's usual at this time frame.

I have an interest in military history and ships so I am a fan of this set. The set covers the entire breadth of American Naval history, from the Revolution of 1776 up all the way through the Korean War. This card is a WWI subject, which is pretty rare to see on card form (or any other form, for that matter) It is another set I would like to complete...although that is a something that I say about almost every set. What can I say, I'm a collector?



2 comments:

  1. I like the way they put info on the back of the card back then.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool set. I’m not sure I’ve seen many from this set before.

    ReplyDelete