Wednesday, June 16, 2021

K'Andre Miller joins the collection!

 When I first got into hockey, I found it so strange that the teams would draft players, but they wouldn't come play with the team right away. I was so used to the NBA, where if a player didn't make the team as soon as they were drafted, they would likely never play for that team, with most generally ending up playing professionally in Europe or the G-League. 

Hockey's different. It's not uncommon for a player to not join a team for years after he was drafted. 

The first player where I really experienced that for the Rangers was K'Andre Miller. Drafted back in 2018, he finally joined the Rangers in time for the 2020-21 season. With the state of the hobby I got very few cards this year, and didn't have any of his...until I ordered the Star Rookies box set, a 25 card factory set, of which half were people I didn't yet have in my collection...but the most important to me was K'Andre Miller. 


 I'd like to believe this will be the first of many cards I add of him to my collection, but with the state of the hobby I just don't know what the future holds. 

I even scanned a whole page of this set just specifically to get this scan for this post, despite the pain it causes me at this time. 

The Rangers now have a good coach for the first time in a few years, and we got rid of the GM who has been trading our players for magic beans, so I'm hopeful for a good season next year. 

6 comments:

  1. I think the Rangers will be showing a lot of improvement now with a real coach.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm very optimistic about the team. There's a lot of good young talent, very much including Miller, who really impressed me this season. If they can develop while guys like Panarin and Zibanejad continue to produce, we could have a chance to put something together. I hope.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am really hoping that plays out...I think it will, provided Drury doesn't make any bad trades, like Gorton was prone to do.

      Delete
  3. Lets hope the future of the hobby goes back soon so us real collectors can collect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would be the best thing to happen to the hobby in a long time.

      Delete