Monday, April 18, 2022

it wouldn't be a COMC box without a healthy batch of my favorite players

 this box was heavy on the NHL favorites, not as much on Elton Brand or Dale Earnhardt Jr. but they were represented. 

This is a promo only available at the 2002 NBA All-Star Game in Philadelphia. I never knew it existed until I found it for sale. It's holofoil.
This oversize card is lenticular, so you can see his car or him depending on how you turn it.
This one completed a set for me, more on that in a coming post.
The only NBA Patch I added in this order.
 Not a great photo, but still an Elton I needed.
Clear plastic card!
This is the Silver Spotlight parallel of this insert, SN to 49.
Spectra is ridiculously overpriced so I've never opened even a single pack of it, and never will. 
He would eventually hold the record by himself, I believe.
This is from the National promo set.
Great shot!
I added a lot of cards of Mats in this order, I had been neglecting to chase his cards and he's less popular so cheaper than Henrik, so I was able to get more. This is an e-pack exclusive card. It would be the only card with the right team I added in this order.
I got his 2019-20 O-Pee-Chee Update card...
the blue parallel...
gold parallel...
and finally Retro parallel. I only need the Red and Black Retro now to complete the rainbow. I might actually be able to do that at some point. There is also a Retro blank back which is supposedly 1/1 which I don't really count, to me that's more like an unfinished card. but I would certainly add it if I came across it. It looks just like one of the others on the front so I don't feel it's needed for the rainbow.
Another e-pack thing. These cards are huge. Larger than a Tallboy.
Right before I shipped I had a couple dollars left, sorted by SN-cheapest, and this popped up. So it was a no-brainer, I bought it.

And the Retro parallel to the 2020-21 O-Pee-Chee set.

11 comments:

  1. I really like the "King Henrik" card! Lots of Zuccarello cards. Can't ask for a better blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet Brand patch. Immediately thought of Biggie Smalls when I saw the words "Sky's the Limit" on the card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice post and my Brother would love those Nascar cards as he is big in Nascar. When the magic mile Nh race had two races he had season tickets and had one of the better seats right at start finish line and not too far up a nice view. Is it possible to get my blog added to your blog list.Thanks!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I put it on but they changed the blogroll recently and I'm not sure it's accepting the newest additions.

      Delete
  4. I have no knowledge of Spectra's price point, but I do know that the base cards were pretty boring in appearance. I got two out of a dime box some years ago, and if they weren't for player collections, I probably never would've never picked them up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Where does the Elton Brand love come from?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's a local hero, I started following him when he was in high school and I was in jr high. But he became my favorite player because of his personality and work ethic.

      Delete