Tuesday, April 5, 2022

COMCritters

 Squirrels!




I make no secret of the fact that squirrels are my favorite animal of all time, I can spend hours watching their antics in my yard. One of my regular searches on COMC is Squirrel and I was able to add 4 new cards to my collection with this order. They are, in order, 1925 Wills's Life in the Treetops, 1959 Sweetule Animals of the Countryside, 1986 Brooke Bond Incredible Creatures, and 1999 Beanie Babies, which is actually a parallel and thus becomes my first Squirrel Parallel in my collection. I don't have the base card yet. 

Now let's talk turkey...
I'm also a big fan of turkeys, and consider seeing them in some field to be a highlight of most every trip. I even had a picture of me with some turkeys at the Trevor Zoo as my Facebook profile picture for a while. I saw this card posted on one of the blogs and knew I had to get a copy for myself, so I went straight to COMC and got one. 

I'm also a big beaver fan...and this is the biggest beaver I've ever seen! 

 But this may be the greatest hockey card I've ever seen! 


17 comments:

  1. I really like squirrels too. They're so light and quick and crazy. I love watching them cross streets by walking on the telephone lines.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I enjoy that as well...I have a telephone pole right outside my house so I see them on it fairly regularly.

      Delete
  2. Someone needs to get some Rally Squirrel cards. Will fit right in.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've always liked squirrels. Love how some of them can be so trusting...and come right up to you. But back in college I fell asleep on the bench between classes... and woke up to a squirrel doing something to my backpack (which I was using as a pillow). It hella scared me. Probably the fastest I've ever gotten up in my lifetime. Glad cell phones weren't around, because my reaction probably would have gone viral.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my! That sounds like an exciting day although maybe not in the way you wanted :) If you had your lunch in there it was probably after that. You could have gone viral!

      Delete
  4. That has to be the craziest hockey card of all time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Also congrats on all of your followers, I am trying my best to get more for my blog. I enjoy your topics as this one caught my eye because of the card of the squirrel. Our dog loves chasing them as we have the Grey squirrels. So far she has only caught one as she has a large fenced in yard and want no squirrels as visitors.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have gray and occasionally red. There are black ones in NYC which I've seen in the Bronx but so far they have not come up this way.

      Delete
  6. I don't get much wildlife where I live, so I probably see squirrels more than any other animal other than birds and pets.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are pretty resilient, so I'm not surprised. I am lucky in that I see them on a daily basis.

      Delete
  7. I might have that base Beanie squirrel for you, I'll try to remember to look this weekend. Would you be interested in any other particular animals from those old Beanie sets?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, yes I would be interested in any rodents as well as moose and monkeys.

      Delete
  8. Nice post thank you Jamie

    ReplyDelete