Sunday, January 8, 2023

Sick day update

 Man, this cold took a lot more out of me than I thought it would, both physically and mentally. Considering it wasn't really a bad cold especially, but it sure has hung on for a long time. I'm still feeling it even though the worst is now behind me, I'm still not ready to start doing anything with my cards or models. 

I worked on editing those mirror foil scans for the first day but I wasn't feeling it so I didn't go on my computer at all for the next couple days, which I spent mostly watching TV - I finally watched the Loki series on Disney+, and Simpsons, also on Disney+, or sleeping. Lots of sleeping. I finally started working on the scans again on January 2nd and I'm moving through them slowly but surely, I really hate doing them. 


I hit 500 fronts edited on Saturday night, so I am making good progress...even if I'm not enjoying it at all. 

I can't wait until I feel better and can start working on the cards I got for Christmas. I don't even remember what most of them were at this point because I only saw them once and then got sick...so they didn't get imprinted into my brain yet. 

I will be glad to get these foil cards in the past. I probably would have accomplished a lot more but I've spent a bit of time just staring off into space and just being too depressed to work on anything. I haven't gotten to the Finest/Chrome style cards yet. I don't think I will during this cold since I'm just doing them in the order I scanned them back in 2018 or 19. And after the unpleasantness of doing all these foil cards it will probably be a while before I tackle them anymore. I had felt a sense of guilt for putting them off (yes, I know pointless and silly, but what can I say, my head doesn't work normal) but at least now I've made some real progress. 

Of course some of the cards I got for Christmas are Chrome cards so I'll have to do some of them. Probably. 

I haven't touched a physical card in two weeks now and I'm having withdrawls. I literally cannot remember the last time I went this long without handling physical cards. The fact that they are sitting right in front of me but I won't touch them is a really weird feeling too. 

Edit to add: so far I'm only doing the fronts. I have the backs all scanned as well but I figure I will do them when I am getting ready to label the cards. They are normal card stock so much easier to edit. And while 500 sounds like a lot, that's almost 2 weeks worth of work....when my health cooperates, which is admittedly rare, I can do that many in 2 days. Even on a few occasions one day, although that's super rare. 

4 comments:

  1. Feel better soon!

    Matt-SCC

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's actually a lot of strength and willpower to get some hobby activity done when you're sick. Hope you get better real soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys...almost back to normal now. As normal as I can ever be anyway!

    ReplyDelete