Sunday, July 16, 2023

1 year of my modeling setup

 July 13th marked 1 year of having my permanent modeling setup...setup. I have been spending most of my time on that hobby of late and not doing any card stuff whatsoever. 

I knew having a permanent modeling space would make my building better, but I had no idea how much better it would make it! To celebrate the anniversary, I used PhotoScape to put together this image of all the models I finished at the new permanent workspace, and it turned out to be exactly 100 builds!


I'm having so much fun with modeling right now it may be literally months before I get back to cards. That's OK...it's too cold to work on models from circa November to April so it appears my hobbies may be seasonal. 

Thanks for reading, back to building...

6 comments:

  1. Same here. I figured out that once I had a space where I could keep the build out and not have pack it up every night, my productivity went up. Although I do have to cover the space with an extra large Sterilite tub to keep the cats from running off with my tools! I just finished a Vought Kingfisher, and have a 1950 Ford on the table now. Fantastic work there Billy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's amazing how much difference not having to move everything every time makes!

      Delete
  2. Don't build models... but definitely enjoy seeing posts about them from you and Tom. Just curious... when you say it's "too cold to work on models", why is that? Does the temperature impact how the paint dries? Or possibly the glue?

    Anyways... great stuff Billy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It means I'm literally sitting there shivering, LOL! The model stuff works fine, I don't.

      Delete