Monday, November 6, 2023

New People scanned in October 2023

 October turned out to be another busy month of scanning. Not only did I do the scanning I did during the month, but I also integrated all the scans I rescued, see two posts back. 

Just for new scans made in this month, I ended up with 1085 cards...but adding in the 197 fronts I recovered and it brings me to 1282 cards uploaded this month. Of those, 97 of them were new people. Two of them were recovered scans, the other 195 scans were of people previously scanned or non-people cards. 


There were three main sources of new people this month- the hockey cards I scanned, which is where a good portion of my collecting is these days, the football my friend sent me because he wanted to see my football albums expand, and the gift of soccer cards that Zippy sent me a while back that I finally got scanned. 

I should finish the stack of football my friend sent this month, there's maybe 150 cards left to do, not counting the chrome cards which I'm putting off. So they are likely to make up the majority of November's new people as well. They made up 36 of the 97 this month, and combined with the cards from Zippy and the ABA cards I was gifted from a friend on the Database and a few other random cards sent by others, that brings me up to 54 of 97 that I received as gifts. That's more than half, and I really appreciate that. 

1 comment:

  1. Second paragraph should read: of the 1282 cards scanned, 97 of them were new people. Of the 197 cards recovered, 195 of them were people previously scanned or non people cards.

    ReplyDelete