Saturday, October 5, 2024

New People in September 2024

 I didn't really feel like writing much in September. For those of you who aren't on Facebook/twitter with me, my Mom had to go back into the hospital and is back in rehab for her legs right now. So that combined with the fact that writing hurts my wrist, and it's just not something I want to do right now. As it is I'm typing this post using only one hand. 


What I have been doing...and doing a lot of...is scanning. I scanned over 1000 cards in September, 1062 to be exact. A LOT of them were people that I didn't have scanned before...a lot were people I didn't even have in my collection before the month began, sort of. I went through some of the baseball and football cards that Shoebox Legends sent me a while back, with about 3/4ths of them new people and 4/5ths newly scanned. 

So this month was very baseball heavy, although pretty much every topic got at least one new person. 


thst is 282 new people scanned, probably not my record but probably in my top 5. 

I decided to also keep track of the new people added to my collection each month. if you look close at this screencap you';ll see i made a mistake and copied and pasted three names twice. please try to ignore that. 

there was only one NHL player, 2 NBA and 3 NASCAR, although without the stash from Shoebox Legends there would have been only those plus the people from an Olympic blaster, the box of Kakawow Diverse I preordered at the National and the SI For Kids magazine subscription, which actually provided one of the three NBA players. 

considering this was a huge upload the fact that it only took me 5 days to finish- with other things going on like visiting my mom and going to one of my model club meetings, plus my ever present health issues, I'm actually shocked. 


Update: I forgot to do the Misc. Sports people. Those are every sport that is not Auto Racing, Basketball, Hockey, Baseball or Football. There were 11 more new people scanned in that grouping. 10 of them came from the 1983 Topps Greatest Olypians set. 



No comments:

Post a Comment