July was a very light month for scanning. The only cards I scanned, edited and labeled were the 16 card Knicks championship set, the 4 card Knicks Championship Parade set and two of the regular Topps Now card from the Finals. It was, I think, the first time I did more than one page and they were all from the same team, which is pretty cool in a way...and also makes my monthly upload a whole lot easier.
Even though it was a small month, there were two new people, both Rookies on the Knicks team were making their first appearance in my collection.
I like to crop it to include the time, date and temperature that my computer shows. No real purpose other than I find it interesting.
New people added to my collection was much more than the new people scanned with 24 people appearing in my collection for the first time.
Both Knicks rookies make an appearance on this list also, along with the 2026-27 rookies which have started arriving from Topps Now. Due to money reasons I didn't get all of them, but I did get the Knicks, Nets and a couple of other players. My mom surprised me with a hobby box of 2025-26 Parkhurst which gave me most of the NHL players, and a box of Historic Autographs 1700s Edition, which gave me all the Non-Sports people. I added 311 new cards in July which is also a somewhat lower number than I've been averaging this year, although would have been a large month last year.
I could swear I had a card previously of Blackbeard but I couldn't find it under either name, and I even tried alternate spellings of his real name but none listed. It's possible I either made a mistake and this truly is my first card of him, or it's possible I made a mistake and missed listing him. Either way, a mistake was made but he's listed now. I was actually able to add a new NBA player via trade on the Database also, which, 30 years into the sport and actively seeking out cards of people I don't have, doesn't happen all that often. Brooks Barnhizer from the Thunder was a rookie in 2025-26 for the Thunder (Or at least was long enough to get a card in Topps' flagship, I didn't look to see if he actually played) and his card came to me in part of a trade that brought me to 299 of the 300 card set. Before I hit publish I decided to look him up and yes, he played 40 games this year, nearly half of them, (82 game season) for the Thunder. Perhaps I will get him scanned for next month, although I am doing much more model stuff than card stuff at this time...I barely got myself at my computer long enough to write this post, and at that it took me 8 days between doing the upload and writing about it.


No comments:
Post a Comment