I accomplished a bit more scanning in August than I did in July...sort of. I actually scanned most of these cards during July, but didn't get them cropped and labeled until August.
10 new people were scanned, including George Pullman who I mentioned in the last post. All three hockey players and Cleetus were scanned but not cropped in July.
I got 175 cards scanned (Cropped and labeled) during the month.
New People are a higher number although some of the people appear in both places. I picked up the 2024 Sport Kings Volume 5 during the month which gave me a lot of unusual sports for my collection. In fact, I believe the first cards in my collection at all for competitive wood chopping and dog jumping.
Late in the month, too late to get scanned, my mom gave me the complete set of the 1997 Three Stooges card set so 5 of the 6 Stooges appear in my collection for the first time, only Moe had been in my collection previously. Although I now have the complete 72 card set, their personal numbers are low. For my collection stats, a person has to have the card all to themselves for it to count, and most of the cards in the set have at least two Stooges per card. Most have three, of course. Not a complaint, just an explanation. I recently got into watching them for an hour and a half every night as they are on MeTV+. Turns out they have a lot of cards, including cards issued during their careers, so that's definitely something new to chase.
I got 373 new cards during the month, which is a lot. I got all three sets of Parkside Smithsonian cards, which is 150 cards in and of themselves. Fun sets, hopefully will get a post up about them once I get them scanned. Interestingly, I didn't get a single NHL card during the month. Think that is the first month this year, but I would have to look it up to be sure. With the season starting this month, I'm sure I'll get the need for new hockey cards shortly.


No comments:
Post a Comment