Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Darrell Wallace Jr. 2015 Press Pass Cup Chase Melting Foil 1/1...now part of my collection!

I had a small backlog of the 2015 Press Pass retail parallels that I was waiting to scan...the foil they used isn't as "foiley" as they have used in previous years, and they scan the best when the entire tray is made up of them. I had 8 cards and I figured I'd pick up another red or purple somewhere, probably via trade, as I've cleaned out my local Target and Wal-Mart of blasters.

I had no idea that I would instead finish off the page with one of the 1/1 Melting Foil parallels from the hobby release!

I am making the effort to get all of Darrell Wallace Jr's cards. The 1/1 of his base card showed up on Ebay and my mom went and bought it for me. Thanks Mom!
 
 
The "melting" aspect of the foil doesn't really show in the scan, so here's a photo I took that shows it a little better- especially in his name. The card is still in the toploader it arrived in in this photo.
 
This means that I have now gotten three of my favorite NASCAR cards in my collection, which is in it's 22nd year, all in March 2015. It's been a good month!

Thanks again Mom!
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment