Thursday, November 9, 2017

Lost and Found: Panels!

Digging in some more boxes, and found some cards! I knew I had some of these, but no idea where...but some were a complete surprise to me, in that I didn't ever remember them existing!











That's 7 SI for Kids panels, 4 Marvel panels and 1 TV & Movie panel. Of these I remembered some of the the SI for Kids panels but not all of them- there's one more I've held back for a future post- the all-Jordan page is from a publication called Sports Illustrated for Kids Extra, a title I had absolutely no memory of whatsoever.

I did not remember having a panel for 1994 Marvel Universe, probably my all-time favorite comic set, and without question my all-time favorite Marvel set. I'm six cards short of completing it- I need to hunt them down.

Back in the day I separated most of the SI For Kids cards, damaging them more often than not. I'm glad I didn't do all of them. These were all still in the magazines except for the top one, which I found a second copy of still in the magazine. I also found another duplicate and a duplicate copy of the Jordan card issue. Not sure how I got duplicates as I had a subscription, which I let lapse in 2000.

I only have vague memories of Reboot but I remember it being pretty good.

13 comments:

  1. That 94 Marvel Universe set was awesome, and the Masterpieces set by the Hildebrandts absolutely rips. I used to have some of those.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a few of them too. Not as easy to find as the Universe set though, most of mine came from the grocery store.

      Delete
  2. Great photo of Nomar throwing on the run.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had to go back and find that image, I wrote this post up back in May or so. Dynamic photo for sure.

      Delete
  3. The Spiderman set looks great put together!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does look nice to see a puzzle n full, doesn't it?

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Reboot reference? My memory is not what it once was,lol

      Delete
  5. Yeah, the Reboot sparked a vague memory for me too. A bit after my time though.
    Will trade you for one of the MJ baseball ones...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty cool. I've haven't seen any of those except for one which I also have (Fleer Ultra 94). Good stuff.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I had no memory of ever seeing some of these before myself.

      Delete
  7. This is so awesome. Makes me want to finally get around to rescanning the folder full of the comic card panel/sell sheet things & mini comics that came with Wizard magazines back in that my dad gave me like five years ago & maybe unretire from blogging long enough to do a series of posts on them.

    Also, the later seasons of ReBoot were legitimately great. I wonder if they still hold up.

    ReplyDelete