Monday, January 28, 2019

December Error additions via trade

I've taken in a few Error cards in trade last month, which is the first time that's ever happened, so I wanted to give them a spotlight. You may recall that I love error cards from my Error Gallery series.


These two football cards were unexpected bonuses from Berton Russell of the Trading Card Database. We completed out first trade that month and I was pleasantly surprised to find these included. Not only are they both off center, by a wide margin, but they have the wrong player's name stamped on in foil! A double error, doesn't get much better than that!

This James Donaldson card from 1990-91 Hoops came to me from Database member Splinter_9.
Note that the other card is ALSO James Donaldson. This was my Card of the Day, and when I posted it, Chuck - C2Cigars- did some research and found out that Hoops printed at least some of the players on 4-card panels of the same player. It's interesting, but this is one of the most common NBA sets, and this is my first off-center example of the set... Although I have not been able to determine what I have to send him back yet, he will be getting a mailer from me sometime in early 2019.



I don't have many NHL errors- I have not even been actively collecting for 2 years yet- but these three are from 2013-14 Upper Deck. I got them in trade from WBaker on the Database, and I doubt he even noticed they were off center. To me, that's even better than the standard cards I was expecting! All three are shifted slightly up, with the Tlusty shifted right due to the horizontal nature of the card front. (the back is shifted up). Most noticeable on the Semin. The foil should go to the bottom of the card.

Right before Christmas I got an unexpected mailing from RJ Smith of the Database, who sent me some cool baseball errors in a Christmas card.




 Five of the 6 were off-center, and this one is clearly missing foil.
That was a very nice unexpected surprise, thank you RJ!

6 comments:

  1. I never realized so many errors were printed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wowza. Some of these cards would be inducted into the miscut hall of fame. Love this sort of stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool. It must be harder to find modern errors since I imagine quality control is better these days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sure is...I think these are the newest I've got.

      Delete