Sunday, January 6, 2019

My first card of 2019 is...Me!

And that can only mean one thing...my shipment of Trading Card Database cards has arrived from C2Cigars, a.k.a. Chuck!

But this year, it was more than one base card design...

 There's an insert from the time I met Chuck in person at the Hemmings Concours D'Elegance in 2017, and...
a T-Shirt insert! The latter two pictures were both taken by my brother, so now all three of us have had a photo printed on a card- my mom took the photo of me on the self-published, Gavin printed custom I had made up and in the Rangers shirt, and I took my own photo of myself in last year's C2 set.

But that's not all...
I also have an autographed card in the set! Back in late November or early December, Chuck had sent me some copies of the card to sign, which I did, in silver Sharpie. What I didn't realize is that I am the ONLY autograph in the set! I figured it was a full parallel, but nope. Apparently it's because I was the reigning Member of the Year, an award that still kind of floors me- I voted for Vrooomed, aka Dan, who will probably be the second Database member I meet in person- he lives literally two towns away from me.

Although #1 was not the nicest looking autograph I signed- the Ls in my first name are two close together, with the second one being too small- Chuck gave me the option and I had to take #1.

Quite a few of the Database regulars got cards as well, and all have been added to my wantlist.

What a cool way to start the year! I also received my first trade of 2019 that day but I'll save that for later...now that I'm done with the Card of the Day project I will go back to posting monthly trade updates instead of working them into those posts.

34 comments:

  1. Nice! I've doing the Topps custom cards the last couple of years for my kids and their cousins...they've been a big hit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I would do them too if they had a bit more genericness to them. I don't know enough about baseball to have a team, and I can't even say "go local" because I have two local teams.

      Delete
  2. Those are great! Love the meet-up card.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm pretty sure I'll be on at least one more in the coming set in December.

      Delete
  3. Happy 2019! You ARE TCDB as far as I'm concerned. Thanks for your continued contributions to the hobby Billy! I hope this year brings good health and much happiness!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I appreciate that! 2018 was actually pretty good so hopefully 2019 will follow that trend!

      Delete
  4. Wow. Those are awesome Billy . Make sure they get cataloged correctly

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are awesome! That could be the first New York Rangers card I actually like.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are mighty sweet. That silhouette of the meet up is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is cool! I didn't even notice, I was looking at the pictures.

      Delete
  7. I love these cards Chuck makes. Cool that you are on a lot of them! You have more cards than a lot of the people you collect!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are indeed awesome and that is very true. I have more cards of myself than some NBA players do!

      Delete
  8. Replies
    1. Oh yeah! Start posting on the forum and Chuck might include you in the next set! He'll have to come up with a sumo icon, they are tailored to each person's collection.

      Delete
  9. Very cool cards, and as Julie said already in her comment - you ARE TCDB.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! But there are others who have done more than me to make it what it is.

      Delete
  10. That's pretty cool ... and I recognize those mountains and hills in the background!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My favorite place in the world! Can't wait to get back.

      Delete
  11. You so deserved MOY. Probably deserved MOD (member of the decade - the 10 years the site has been around). Can't wait to give you the "Billy Box" as we call it here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd say that you should win that but thank you! We've been working on that for a while, naturally I'm looking forward to it too!

      Delete
  12. Just nine copies of your autograph... that's pretty limited!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very true...I don't know if he kept one for himself or not and I got one, I know who got two others but not the end home for the others.

      Delete
  13. These are sweet! Being the only autographed card in the series is quite the honor. From what I've read in comments you are truly a TCDB legend!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very nice use of the 1973 design!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've got one card from that set but more almost 10 of these!

      Delete