(borrowing Paul's picture here)
It wasn't all coprolite, there were cards as well. Lots and lots of cards! The first thing I saw when I opened the box was some really, really large hockey cards-
Standard sized cards were plenty as well, and covered a little bit of everything. All 5 major sports, plus soccer, are represented, although not a lot of the NBA was stuff I needed- there were some. Non-Sports probably saw the biggest boost for me, with 168 of 341 total new cards being of the Non-Sport variety, some of the sets I have not added to in many years- Several cards from the Topps Batman Returns set were in the box, and I had not gotten a new one of them since the set was new- 1992! That's 27 years between additions to a set, which I believe is a new record for me, not counting sets I've completed of course, because for them there's nothing more to add. The Spider-Man 30th Anniversary and Wolverine From then 'til Now II Set also had not seen any additions in many years- both sets were issued in 1992 but I'm not sure if I got them then. I did not begin to keep records of when I got any cards until 1998, and those were long present by then, so I would guess they were new when I got them.
The Comic Images Ghost Rider set was totally new to my collection, I now have 59 of 80 cards, or 73.8%!
I added a bunch of new sets to my collection, in addition to the three promos above:
- 2012 Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Decade of Supermodels (Non-Sport)
- 2010 Topps National Chicle (Baseball)
- 2018 Panini The National (Multi-Sport)
- 2010 Donruss Elite Extra Edition (baseball)
- 2005 Reflections (Football)
- 2002-03 Upper Deck Vintage (NHL)
- 1992 Ghost Rider II (Non-Sports)
- 1993 The Valiant Era (Non-Sports)
- 1992 Savage Dragon (Non-Sports)
- 1993 WildC.A.T.S. (Non-Sports)
- 1993 Comics Future Stars (Non-Sports)
- 1994 Upper Deck World Cup '94 (Soccer)
- 1994 Coca Cola Monsters of the Gridiron (Football)
- 1993 The Lion King (Non-Sports) [how did I not have any from this set? It came out in the time period where non-sports was my main focus, and I saw the movie several times when new, but not in years now]
- 1995 Upper Deck Gridiron Fantasy Football (a trading card game)
- 2002 Topps American Pie (non-Sport, some people list as baseball)
- 2018 Certified (Football)
Did I mention there were some hits, too?
Here's just some random cool cards I happened to get scanned before I felt guilty for not posting this fast enough and just published as is...I told Paul I would get this published in January, and you see what day it is now, so...