Friday, July 26, 2019

here's MY card

I have been eagerly awaiting an order of cards to come in the mail...but they aren't traditional trading cards, not by a long shot.
I ordered myself some business cards from Vistaprint! I had seen their ads on TV and I thought it would be better to have some of these on me, rather than trying to write out my website(s) when I need to, if I can find a piece of paper to do it on. My handwriting is not the best and this just looks so classy.

I guess since I don't own a business- all of this is hobby- they are really more like calling cards rather than business cards. That concept died in the 1880s, perhaps I can make it make a comeback? (Yes, that is a joke)

I left the back blank and I chose non-glossy so I can write whatever I need to on there- you'll notice no phone number is printed. (I hate, hate, hate talking on the telephone) but I can write it on if I need to. I actually have a secondary thought too...if I ever see someone I want to get an autograph from, the back of my own "business card" would make a pretty cool surface to do it on. And...a little tease here...I'm going to meet at least one, perhaps 2 or 3, ladies whose autograph I plan to get in September.

Mostly I got this idea because my model club has been talking about getting cards made. I decided to take the initiative and get my own printed up. I went very plain, on purpose, but you can do colors and even pictures for no extra cost, so if the club does get some made up, we will have our logo on it and probably even a map to our location on the back. I figured even if the clubs don't want to go for them, at least I have some of my own to carry around and possibly give out.

The very first one out of the box, the one I'm holding in the picture, will be stored in with my card collection. I only got 100 of them so I'm not going to throw them around, but if any of you guys want one...I can include one in a future mailing. I'd even be willing to sign them in your ink color of choice, if you so choose...I don't expect people to want them very much, so I won't be offended if nobody asks for one. Since I did pay for them I don't want to start including them in every mailing only for them to get thrown out, you know what I mean? The main idea is to give it to people when I take photos of their car so I can get them looking at my photography pages.

I chose not to put the address for this version of Cardboard History on there. I did think about it, but I decided it would be too much...and let's face it, I pretty much never meet anybody who would want to come here and read my writing that doesn't already...and it's linked, heavily, on the Cardboard History Gallery. If I go to any more card shows I can always write it on there...I left plenty of space.

Maybe if I do run out of these I will print some more and include it. I went back and forth on it for several minutes before I decided against it.

Since they do allow you to upload pictures, even your own full design, I could, in theory, print my own card sets...Hmmm...I think that would be pretty awesome. But I doubt I could move 100 copies of cards of myself, LOL. Just thinking aloud. Anything else would run into copyright issues, I'm afraid.

Either way, even I end up keeping all 97 of them available (my mom and brother are getting at least one, too) I still think it's pretty cool and I'm glad to have them.

11 comments:

  1. That is very cool! I bet you will get a lot of use out of them considering how involved you are in all of the various hobby communities you listed. I've only received business cards like this from one or two other collectors and they are a helpful reference.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have one from Wes and one from Fuji in my collection...

      Delete
  2. I wpoukd gladly ad one of your cards to my collection

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will add one to your Bruins/Celtics stack, thank you Mark!

      Delete
  3. This has me thinking I should really work on building a collection of blogger cards. I need to get you to sign me a copy of that custom I made for you a while back.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cool. I'm sure fellow bloggers would love a signed business card by El Camino Billy for their PC's. Like Mr. Hoyle... I'd gladly add one of them to my collection.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will gladly send you one, but I do not have your address.

      Delete
    2. Awesome! I'll email you right now. Thanks Billy!

      Delete
    3. Actually... couldn't find an email address, but I messaged you on Twitter :)

      Delete