Monday, October 19, 2020

Cardboard History Gallery 2 Year Anniversary

 Yesterday was my birthday, and it was a great one. I completed 4 models, bringing my completion total up to 20 NASCAR models on the year. Since mid-August this has been one of the best periods of my modeling career- both the fun I'm having and in the quality of the work I'm doing. I've finally figured out pretty much all of the things that had been holding me back, and the results are coming out great! But this post is about the Cardboard History Gallery, which I launched on my birthday in 2018. making it the second anniversary. 

I have a large portion of it built, but I still have a ways to go. 

What I have have accomplished:

Auto Racing is complete

Hockey is complete

Other sports is complete

Non-Sports is complete

By complete, I mean that the albums are all created for each set, year/topic, person, and team if applicable. 

I'm still working on uploading the basketball by player. That's the largest portion of my collection by a wide margin. I have up to letter N completed, but I still have O-Z to do. I have not done the baseball or football players by person at all yet. 

What that all adds up to?


That's a lot of work. 

I have not really worked on it at all since August...when I got on the modeling kick, I stopped doing cards almost totally. I worked on it I think only 2 times since I got going with the models, and then I only did it because it was raining out, which means I can't work on models. 

I'll get there, eventually...maybe by the third anniversary it will be complete, and then I will just have to work on updating it as I scan things- the break even point. 

Modeling for the year is coming to a close...it will soon be too cold to paint, which I do outside, or even have the windows open. When that happens, I will probably mope for about a week, accomplishing nothing, then get back into the scanning, uploading, and posting here on Cardboard History. 

One other anniversary I want to touch on...yesterday, my birthday, was also the anniversary of getting my very first scanner. Back in 2005 my brother gave me the best one I've ever owned for my birthday. The very first thing I scanned was a card I had gotten that day. Although we didn't know it yet, scanning would go on to be a MAJOR part of my life, and in 2009 I decided to scan my entire card collection. Still have about 1/3rd left to do, or more. 

I'm in such a modeling mode right now that my family didn't even get me cards, they got me modeling supplies! I did get some cards, however. a pwe from Chris, aka The Collector, arrived, and he said some of them were cards I claimed from him...it took me a few minutes to remember that he did a Free Stuff Friday series. I have no idea which ones I claimed and which are a Pay it Forward gift, lol. Since it got too cold and I had to close my window, thus no more modeling, I actually got them scanned. 

This is my first card from the Yo! MTV Raps set. I'm not a huge rap fan but will occasionally mix some into my music choices. Run-D.M.C. is iconic and a perfect card to be the first in my collection. Could this set be any more 1991? That's a good thing, by the way. 
This is an OPC version...I don't have too many of this set.
The Gold Parallel of the Rangers team card from 2013-14 Score. If Panini had given this set a colorful back this would probably be my favorite NHL set ever.

This was actually the first card out...I don't have many from this set either. I do like the design of it.


No, I'm not going to start collecting soccer cards! Although I do have a good number of this set...


Thanks Chris!

6 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday and Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday, and Congratulations on the Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday and I can't imagine the amount of hours and time spent on these projects

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy belated birthday! What timing! The PWE I mean, not this comment. I'm sorry I didn't stop by sooner, I basically took a week off from blogging.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks guys! I've been so busy modeling I have not checked in on the comments in quite a while. Too cold to build now unfortunately.

    ReplyDelete