Sunday, January 31, 2021

Fun with Screencaps - MVP Parallels

 A couple weeks back I traded for 12 cards from this year's MVP set. I normally don't trade for current year stuff, figuring it'll just end up being a duplicate, but with cards so rare right now I did it. Just for the heck of it, after I scanned the first 9 of them, I pulled out the Blue factory set parallels that were awaiting scans. Luckily, I hadn't done any of the Blues of these nine cards yet, so I did them back to back. 

I don't recall ever doing anything like that before, and I thought it would be fun to screencap it. 


I have not labeled them yet, if I had done that they wouldn't have been stacked like this. As you can see I also did some pages of 1990-91 Pro Set, one of my favorite NHL sets. I hadn't cropped three of the Pro Set scans yet when I took the screencap. 

I think I actually like the Blue parallel better than the basic card, which is tan in color. I have not yet seen any of the other parallels. Last year my favorite was the Green, which was epack exclusive and which I was picking up on COMC. I never saw the Blue parallel from last year unfortunately. 

These are the first two Brady Skjei Hurricanes cards in my collection. That makes me sad, he should still be a Ranger, but our clueless GM decided to trade him. Defense was our weakest point and he was the best Defender we had, which made it even worse. At least we actually got a player back this time, unlike when he traded Mats Zuccarello for magic beans. 

5 comments:

  1. Zucc is much better than magic beans. How about we trade the intelligence--challenged GM?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's cool! I think I like the blues more than the base too. I'm working on the full Jimmy Howard "rainbow" and only need a few more versions to complete it.

    The Gold and Black parallels look the best if you ask me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll have to look them up .. hopefully I can add some at some point myself.

      Delete
  3. Good post. Like seeing what others are chasing in sets. And good call grabbing cards when you can. You never know how easy/hard/impossible it'll be to get cards moving forward.

    ReplyDelete