Thursday, December 22, 2022

COMC was fast, but I was slow

 COMC had their annual Black Friday promotion last month, and I took part, thanks to my mom surprising me with a $25 deposit into my account. You had to ship 20 cards to get the free shipping, and luckily I was able to hit that threshold with 36 cards (most of them were purchased over the Black Friday deal, but not all). 

The estimated ship date was December 19th, with a Christmas Eve delivery date per COMC's estimation. 

That was not the case though, as the box arrived to me on December 13th! They got it to me in hand a full week before their estimated shipping date, which is a really good thing! Their shipping problems over the last couple of years seem to be a thing of the past, thankfully. 

I took the picture and posted it to Twitter the day it arrived, but I have been kind of out of it and didn't even start writing this post until 2:40 in the morning on 12/22. 

Been dealing with my chronic health problems acting up and I've been pretty miserable and depressed so I haven't got much done, and I have no idea when I will get these all scanned. At the current rate I'm going it may not be until 2023. 

All but 4 of the 36 cards in this order were NASCAR. There were two NHL and two Non-sports cards, which I believe makes this the first time I've ever shipped an order without a single NBA card. Usually there's at least 1 Elton Brand card but not this time. 


10 comments:

  1. Thats good news for me. I placed a order 5 days ago and it says it won't arrive until January 13th. Hopefully it gets to me sooner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everybody'd orders have been arriving early, mine included. And I know that it sounds generic and hollow, but I really do hope that you get to feeling better soon. Those models aren't gonna build themselves, you know :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. As far as scanning all of them, just do what you can, when you can. You're in so much physical pain so much of the time, that I'm surprised you're able to get anything done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very true. I haven't finished scanning the cards I got last Christmas yet, not even close.

      Delete
  4. Whole lotta racing here. The only hockey player I recognize is Brandon Tanev.

    Hope you're feeling better. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I had to get the Tanev card with that photo on it. The other NHL guy is Ryan Reaves

      Delete
  5. I'm so bummed that they offered free shipping on 20+ cards. I really need to pay more attention to Black Friday card deals.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I only knew about it because my mom told me to go check my account, haha.

      Delete