Saturday, July 6, 2024

New People Scanned in June 2024

 It was a big month for scanning. I was working more on models, but then I accidentally cut into my thumb with my razor saw...so I needed to take a little break. Luckily, it did not impair my scanning, so I worked on that instead and scanned a grand total of 1257 cards during the month. Ended up being the most I've scanned in a month all year by a roughly 400 card margin. 


Only 50 of the people were new to my collection, which is actually a bit lower than I expected, and 14 of those people came from the blaster of Hoops Winter that I wrote about in my last post. Only two other people joined my collection in the month of June, everyone else had just been waiting patiently for their turn on the scanner tray. That time happened to come in June. 

My thumb is now pretty much totally healed. There's a little tiny piece basically missing but it's basically just a divot, not even any different color from the rest of my skin. It doesn't hurt anymore, even when I press on it. So basically just a minor setback that gave my time to scan a bunch of cards, before I head back to modeling, which I plan to do starting later today now that my monthly upload is completed. 

4 comments:

  1. Nice. Just a minor FYI, you've got Prosper's first name inverted (got to get him for my Canadians who don't play hockey project). His name is properly Olivier-Maxence.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw nuts. I copied it from Panini, and it seems they got it wrong. Not the first time they have messed up.

      Delete
  2. Ouch. Glad your thumb healed quickly. Any plans to show off some of those models? 1,257 scans is super impressive. I'm not sure I can say I've scanned that many the past 3 to 4 years.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I can show them when I finish them, I have not made much progress in about a month now.
      It's all NASCAR.

      Delete