Monday, May 21, 2018

New printing plate arrival

I really love printing plates. I know most in the hobby don't like them, but I don't understand that. I think they are great. Occasionally I'll look to see if I can find any in my price range, and I usually do...actually there are usually a lot.

2004-05 Topps Total is a favorite set of mine- one of the only sets from the 2000s that made my Top 20 Favorite NBA set countdown I did in 2016, actually. It was also the first set I ever pulled a printing plate from, I pulled the black front plate from Richard Jefferson.

Now I've added a Magenta to my collection. Samuel Dalembert is not a favorite of mine, (he basically got kicked out of the NBA for beating up his wife) but he is part of NBA history and that makes him part of my collection.

I would really like to get an example of the other two plate colors from this set, maybe someday.


3 comments:

  1. I've never owned a printing plate before, but I have heard they are pretty thin.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Most are about the same thickness as a standard card. Most have curving too. Panini makes some of theirs with something that I can only describe as foam board on the back, which makes them pretty thick. I have examples of both.

      Delete
  2. I like printing plate, but usually don't chase the bigger named Pirates. I usually put my money towards guys that don't get much auto/relic love.

    ReplyDelete