Saturday, March 2, 2019

I made the decision

In my last post, and several times before, I've wondered out loud about integrating my post cards and NASCAR hero cards into my overall collection. I've come to a decision, and it's a bit of a compromise.  I'm going to both add them...and not add them, at the same time.

I'm NOT going to include them in my collection totals. I am, however, going to copy and paste them into the albums for each person on the Cardboard History Gallery.
click to expand
It's the best of both worlds. I get to include them in with the listings of each drivers or subject (although this is person based and most post cards are not based on people), but I don't have to worry about messing with the numbers and changing how I actually keep my collection. The people who have no traditional cards will get albums (eventually) but will not be listed in my overall collection chart of who's in my collection or not. (which you can see by clicking the "Complete List of People in my Collection" tab on the top of this website.). I have yet to decide if I will include them in the Encyclopedia when I get that up and running, but I'm leaning towards yes.

And, it also allows me to change it either way, if I decide to revisit the concept later on.

For now this is only going to affect NASCAR and other racing- but eventually there will be a section in non-sports where it plays a role. I'm a few years away from making that a reality however.

6 comments:

  1. When will the postcards be ready for viewings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Honestly, probably not until 2021 or so. Unless I change my mind and work on them sooner, which is entirely possible. I'm all over the map.

      Delete
  2. Glad you've made a decision about it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree that's a nice compromise.

    ReplyDelete