Monday, March 30, 2020

I actually bought a football card

It is not something I do very often...I've bought a grand total of three football cards and one of them was from an insert set that had cars in it, so it wasn't even a football football card. But this one was...
When I saw this in a local dealer's box, I laughed out loud and had to have it. It's from the 1999 MVP Draw Your Own Trading Card Winners set, and I guess you might be able to say it is also a car card...but not really.

I actually got it a couple of years ago and had forgotten I had scanned it. When I was uploading the football cards by season to the Cardboard History Gallery I saw it in there and finally wrote up the post. Even though I don't actively collect football I will take people's castoffs and rejects and I have accumulated over 2000 of them that way.

This is my 800th published post on Cardboard History. Holy mackerel, that's a lot. Not stopping any time soon, either....

8 comments:

  1. This is one of the more creative Draw Your Own Cards I've seen. And congrats on 800 posts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 800!!! Wow! Can't wait to see what the future brings. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on buying a football card....and of course on 800 posts to!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a card for your 800th post. Congratulations! (Is the bus running over a tiger? Perhaps a Cincinnati Bengal?)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for the comments. Truth be told I wrote this post in January and just added the 800 part when I noticed it when I was scheduling it.

    ReplyDelete