Wednesday, May 20, 2020

Bored by basketball

I know the reviews can get a little frustrating and drawn out, but take a look at the people in the audience. The kid on top is yawning, the one guy looks like he's actually asleep...nobody looks like they are having fun...only a couple people even seem to be looking at the player with the ball, who happens to be Mbah a Moute, the subject of the card...what's going on here?
Fun fact: The card back reveals that the Sixer who is barely visible on the card is actually Elton Brand.

Fun fact 2: Even though I blasted through all of the cards I got for Christmas 2019 by January 5th, I actually got this card for Christmas 2015, and also scanned it on January 5th...2020.

7 comments:

  1. I remember going to my first NBA game in 2001. I wasn't a fan back then and I found it boring. I went to a game again last year and loved it. Maybe that kid yawning in the background will grow into his love for basketball.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They're all bored because Giannis wasn't there yet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good catch on that kid yawning. I've only been to one game but loved it. Not saying one can't be boring but it's been years and I'd love to go again. Good fun post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The kid's wearing a jersey.. no doubt a fan, but likely past his bedtime. Bucks were probably down big late and so the crowd was a bit checked out and ready to go home.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How the heck did you figure out that the Sixer on this card is Elton Brand? Does it mention it on the back of this card? If not, then that's some seriously impressive detective work.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good points guys.

    The back image is the same but not as closely cropped and shows his face clearly.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know many find baseball boring. That kids expressed my feelings about basketball perfectly. Funny you picked that out on this card. I enjoy my baseball cards in the same way; always checking out the fan shots.

    ReplyDelete