Thursday, December 24, 2020

Secret Santa 2020!

 Today is Christmas Eve, and as is the usual tradition for me I opened my Secret Santa present from the Blogosphere. But there was no Secret Santa on the blogs this year! So How did I do that? Well, Dan, aka Vrooomed on the Trading Card Database, put one together...and 53 people participated! That's pretty darn awesome. 

Mine arrived to me on December 1st, but I managed to wait and it was well worth it!


A mix of NBA, NASCAR and Street cars! The Rusty and Jeff cards in the top row are a mystery to me, they will need some research. 

Two of the NBA cards are serially numbered and there are two cards from 2003-04 Topps Jersey Edition...a set I don't think I've added to since it was new in 2004. 

1996 Autographed Racing, the set that alternates with Vette Set, is one I don't have a lot of and most of those should be new! I have completed the Vette Set but I suspect these may provide upgrades to the cards I already had. 

Overall I'm thrilled with what he sent me! 

I thought you might like to see a photo of our Christmas tree. I tried to make a star for the top of it today but it kind of looks like an ankh instead. It's just aluminum foil but I wanted something up there. 


Sorry this post is so late going up. We were without power for several hours which really messed things up for me. 

15 comments:

  1. Glad you got your power back. Thankfully, nothing like that here. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I see that you lost yours...that had to put a damper on Christmas. Merry Christmas to yo as well!

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

      Delete
  2. Merry Christmas Billy! Glad the Secret Santa tradition lived on this year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Merry Christmas to you too! I am glad as well. It's always a lot of fun.

      Delete
  3. Nothing like running to see what Santa brought and seeing a huge box like that. Merry Christmas Billy! Hope you and your family have a safe holiday season... with no more power outages in 2020.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! That was a joint present my brother and I got for our mom. It's a new planter that goes around the mailbox post. I would like no power outages. We lost it 4 separate times last night. Merry Christmas to you too!

      Delete
  4. I wished I had joined in on a secret santa somewhere. Maybe next year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a ton of fun! I have seen several people say already they are looking forward to it again next year on the Database so odds are good you'll have another chance.

      Delete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete