Saturday, December 12, 2020

Word Association: The 12 Days of Christmas

 I love Christmas music, and usually switch to listening to it solely on Thanksgiving night until Christmas day itself. The other night I was listening to the 12 Days of Christmas and when they sang "Four Calling Birds" an image of Larry Bird flashed into  my mind...and then I thought to myself I can get a post out of this! Now, I'm not going to stack like the song does...just go through it once. I'll try to come up with something that relates to the gifts in the classic song. Of course, I may have to change the words a little... Here we go!

On the 12th Day of Christmas my true love gave to me 12 drummers drumming...Andre Drummonds


11 pipers piping...players for the former Pittsburgh Pipers (this would have been so much easier if I was a wrestling collector)



10 Lords-a-Leaping...Lord OF Leaping...


9 Ladies dancing...racing


8 Maids-a-milking...uh, got milk racecars?


7 swans-a-swimming...uh, I got nothing. 7 the only card I have that references Swan. I'm sure Jedi know how to swim, right?


6 geese-a-laying...Geese Ausbie

5 Golden Rings (each player won exactly 5 NBA Championships, which gives a golden ring to the winner- one I can use as is!)


4 calling Birds


3 French hens...men


2 turtle doves...cards


and a Partridge in a Pear Tree! and a card of the Partridge family! 



14 comments:

  1. Very nicely done! I just got back from shopping for gift cards and mailing out PWEs. My wife had to get a Dunkin' card for her brother and of course I immediately thought of giving him a Duncan card lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post, Billy. That was a very fun read!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good stuff. Now I'm wondering if I can do this with my collection ... not that I'm gonna try.

    ReplyDelete
  4. πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

    ReplyDelete
  5. This was great. Should be blog bat around

    ReplyDelete
  6. I couldn’t do it with my collection but well done!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic! And I never knew there was an Asian Jedi Knight. Gonna have to do my homework.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A very fun idea, Billy! I wish I would've thought of it, I would have trouble with the milk one, but could've covered the dancing ladies :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hah! Well done, Billy. Very clever alternate lyrics. (Side note: Those Turtle cards are a preview of next Sunday's blog post over here at Nine Pockets.)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm glad you all enjoyed this one! I sure enjoyed creating it.

    ReplyDelete