Sunday, March 12, 2023

A little disappointed

 I really love the Topps Now stickers. They have become my favorite set of the season, because they actually document the season. This year, I was really excited to see they were producing a special set for the All-Stars...I love All-Star cards! 

Then they showed up...

Kucherov is #1 in the insert...when I opened the package and saw this I was very disappointed, but maybe it's just him? 
Nope. Not a single All-Star photo in the 48 sticker/card set. 

That was a real big disappointment indeed, the images were all just generic photos of the players in their regular uniforms, or in some cases, the Reverse Retro uniforms.

and how is it Sidney Crosby has only been an All-Star 5 times? He's been in the NHL since 2005-06, and he's a generational talent. That seems crazy to me. 

At least there are three Rangers in the set...



I was lucky enough to get one of the Rangers for my Ice Blue parallel, so that's a great thing. (I actually got a blue from each of the 4 divisions)
There are very, very few promo insert parallels in my collection, almost all of them from the 2019-20 Topps Now set, which numbered the Stanley Cup Playoffs as an insert instead of part of the regular set. So I am happy for being able to add these four. 

When the regular Topps Now shipment for that week showed up, there were cards for each of the winners of the Skills Night competitions, and one card for the winner of the MVP Award, and that's it...








I at least do count the Skills cards as All-Star cards so there will be at least some representation of All-Star Weekend in my collection. 


2 comments:

  1. Seeing that Suzuki motivated me to look up the Pitch "N Puck event. Very cool way to combine golf and hockey.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was kinda cool. The NHL players playing miniature golf would be much more fun though

      Delete