Saturday, March 4, 2023

New people scanned in February

 So much of my interaction with the hobby is the scanning process, and the uploading to my Cardboard History Gallery. Over a year ago now, I decided to start taking screencaps of the folder of everybody I had scanned for the first time in that month before I moved them into the albums for each subject. I had been doing this purely for my own enjoyment but as I've struggled with the motivation to write posts over the past year or so, I decided that I would start sharing the screencaps here, giving me a quick, easy post that requires little to no effort on the writing end (but significant effort on the scanning and uploading end)

I scanned 85 people for the first* time in February 2023, and 42 of those people came from the Hero Cards which I've spoken about previously. This should be the largest influx of people from hero cards because this batch I did, a gift from a friend, had a lot of drag racing people in it. The collection I previously had DOES have people who don't have traditional cards, but with the collection being predominantly NASCAR, the numbers will not be that high at all. 

* = Mark Cronquist had been previously scanned, but I decided to not use my older scans and redo the majority of my NASCAR collection, so this is the first time he got a scan to my current standards. There are more people from NASCAR, other forms of auto racing and some non-sports people who had been previously scanned but the scans are not usable to they are essentially being scanned for the first time. 

The screencap is fairly small so I suggest clicking on it to see it larger. 

One thing I've found with the screencaps that I enjoy is seeing the date/time that I finish processing the people, and seeing the weather and temp conditions in the bottom bar. That's actually why I didn't crop that down to make the image slightly larger. This is always the last thing I do every month when I do my updates on the first of the month...or at least start on the first. 


No comments:

Post a Comment