Tuesday, January 20, 2015

A Brief explanation of my Top 10 Most Wanted Cards

For years, people have been asking me, "What's you most wanted list?" and finally, last night, I came up with it. For now...it's sure to change as I think of something I've forgotten, or, hopefully, get some of the 10 cards added to my collection.

I thought I would break down WHY each of the 10 cards make the Top 10 list. Most are common cards that have just eluded me, only one is expensive, although some others are hard to find. It is a mix of racing, NBA and non-sports.

Reasons are in bold.

  • 1. 1992 Langenberg ARCA Flash #101 Tony Schwengel's car Both #1 and #2 on the list were sold as a factory set only. However, my factory set included two copies of two cards and no copies of two others, they are tied for #1 most wanted but appear here in numerical order.
  • 2. 1992 Langenberg ARCA Flash #106 Bob Schact
  • 3. 1995-96 Upper Deck Electric Court #168 David Robinson Both #3 and #4 also go together. As is well known, when I add a card to my collection, it stays there. Forever. I have held true to this most of my life, but in 1996, I opened a pack of Upper Deck and pulled a David Robinson Electric Court card. I then traded it to one of my friends- I don't remember who or what I got in return, but to this date, it is the only card I ever had in my collection and no longer do. It's been nagging me ever since. I don't remember which card, I know it was NOT the first subset card, but I don't remember if it was the series 1 or 2 base card. It may have even been the USA subset, which I now have, but I think it was one of the base cards. Both are on this list.
  • 4. 1995-96 Upper Deck Electric Court #310 David Robinson
  • 5. 2003 Press Pass Signings Jeff Gordon I am more about base cards, but I also collect autographs and relics. Every card that exists is one I would like to have. I've always wanted Jeff's autograph, but I've never been lucky enough to pull it. If I could get his 2003 Signings card, I might be able to do the entire set. I pulled the Dale Jr. card (from a retail pack, no less!) so if I could get the big two, it would be a good start. Also, it predates when he and several others started putting stickers over their autographs. (I would not turn down any of them though!)
  • 6. 1994-95 Topps Embossed #57 Micheal Williams Last I need to complete the set.
  • 7. 1991 Maxx Sample Bill Elliott 1991 Maxx is one of my favorite NASCAR sets ever, and I have every card except this one.
  • 8. 1993-94 Topps #384 Michael Jordan Scoring Leader Last one I need to complete the set.
  • 9. 1991 Topps Desert Storm #7 (variation) Merrill McPeak While there are lots of variations I don't have for this set (The entire 1st series of 88 cards has 4 variations each!) this is the only time there is a totally different card. I did a box, and the box I did was the first release, which means this card was not included.
  • 10. 1998 Maxx 10th Anniversary Promo #P1 Rusty Wallace Another of my favorite sets, and my favorite Upper Deck NASCAR set. Maxx was always my favorite company and this set uses the designs of the first 6 years' of Maxx sets. It was also the first set I ever made a paper listing for, although I had to recreate it as I did a lousy job. I completed the base set in 2009, but I don't have the promo. I've never even seen it.

  • As always, thanks for reading!

    No comments:

    Post a Comment