Monday, March 19, 2018

Error Gallery: Missing Side

Perhaps the second rarest error in the NBA, less so in other forms of cards, it seems. In the NBA, I have 2, that's all, and only one of which has been scanned. (I'm less than halfway through scanning my errors- so someday you can expect updates).

Make sure, though, that if you are buying one of these, it's an actual error card, and not a card somebody cut off a box, as there are some boxes that have a an image of the card in standard size on the packaging.

I pulled this one from a pack myself, so I know it's legit.

1995-96 Hoops, NNO
This card is extra thin, as well. Clearly, multiple sheets were stuck together during the printing and production stage.

The other card in my collection with this error is from 1994-95 Topps Embossed, which was made of two halves glued (assuming, I've never taken any apart) so one missing half is not totally unexpected.

7 comments:

  1. So then the companies do or do not do random quality checks to prevent these from being shipped?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'll find there's lots of quality control issues over the years!

      Delete
  2. I think I have pulled one of these. It was a 74 Lindy McDaniel Traded card

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting. I can see this happening in the 1990swhen they were cranking this stuff out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool blank back. I don't have any pack pulled ones... but I think I have a few box bottoms, which I guess doesn't count as errors.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nah, those are planned that way. I have a few as well but left them as part of the box. I save my packaging and couldn't imagine cutting it.

      Delete