Friday, March 30, 2018

Error Gallery: Printing Error

Printing errors can be a wide variety of different things. The most common is blobs of ink spread out over the card, but it's not the only printing error you can find.
1992 Racing Champions Bristol Motor Speedway
This one is not a duplicate, a rarity among my error collection. I believe it is the only NASCAR error I do not have a normal version of.
1991 Traks
 Note the blue ink runs at the top and bottom and most of left side.
1981 Topps #390
 The entire jersey and the name banner should be solid red, like his left sleeve and the area behind his last name. Card contributed to my collection by C2Cigars on the Trading Card Database.
1993-94 Hoops #77
 This Matt Bullard card was one of my earlier errors, coming from a repack in 1996.
1993-94 Upper Deck #28
 A subtle error. Note the line of ink that crosses the K in Oakley.
1996-97 Fleer #108
 I believe this was the first error I pulled from a pack, and began my error collection and fascination, which is still going on more than 20 years later.
1997-98 Ultra #56
 A run in the black ink. Note that it goes under the holofoil name.
2000-01 Fleer Tradition Glossy
 One of the few Errors in my collection I do not have a non-error example of. This is a large run in the maroon ink used for the border.
2000-01 Upper Deck Encore #17
 This set has quite a few ink runs, I have at least three in my collection, and still need non-error versions of all of them.
Empire Strikes Back #134
 A rarity in that I have two separate copies of this card with two distinctly unique errors. This one has a print flaw which shows up as red on the black and the blue almost totally missing.
Empire Strikes Back #139
 Obviously with the same flaw as the card above, there must have been a run where they did not print properly. While these are the only two I have, it's safe to say there are others out there.

5 comments:

  1. The Barkowski is a great error, it is so cool to see where the ink ran low and didn’t produce rich colors.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed, I like how the line is split pretty evenly down the card, too, makes it more interesting to me.

      Delete
  2. The snowspeeder card is a double error. The T-47 airspeeder is designed for low altitude flying... not flying in space ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job spotting these. I'd probably never noticed. The Bartkowski is definitely cool looking - for some reason.

    ReplyDelete