Monday, July 30, 2018

Living on the Edge

Today is a pretty momentous day for our family...we picked up the first new family car we've ever had! It's a 2018 Ford Edge Titanium that, this morning, had exactly 6 miles on the odometer! It has 43 now!




We have never, ever had a new car as our family daily driver before, our newest car before this is a 1994 Jeep, which as you know, doesn't move anymore. In fact, we've never even been the 2nd owner in my lifetime!

A huge thank you to my brother for making this happen! Without him, it would not have been possible.

My mom (seen in the front end photo from the test drive) has never gotten to pick out a car in her entire life, and she's been driving since 1971.  That should show you how big a deal this really is!

We've already been to the card shop, in fact, that was the first stop, and these two packs were the first cards to come home in it. (in fact, as I type this, they are still in it, as I forgot to grab them when we got home, but for good reason- we had also made a KFC run! )

For at least the next three years and 45,000 miles, this will be our daily driver...even though we don't actually do that much driving. I have to visit the doctor and dentist this week and now we will be able to with ease. Had to hit the card shop first, though, couldn't do something lousy like that first.

Funny thing...I had my mind pretty much set on a Ford Explorer...got there, didn't like it. I didn't even know the Edge existed...but when I saw it, I knew, pretty much instantly, it was "the one"...and as soon as we all sat in it, I was sure.

This is such a big deal, I didn't even write up a post yesterday about my largest ever COMC order arriving, yes, on a Sunday.

I'm looking forward to it getting dark out so I can see it lit up at night. What a great day it has been!

17 comments:

  1. Congrats on the new car! I can understand how excited you and your family must feel...my mom never owned a new car in her life. (I can also understand why you'd insist on the first stop being somewhere fun!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats, looks like a beautiful ride!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on such a major milestone!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats Billy to your and your family

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats - and love Ford's, the only cars our family has ever had, and all great quality rides (current is a Ford Escape).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Also....jealous of the hockey packs...nice that you can still get those!

      Delete
  6. Congratulations. I'm happy for you and your family. Enjoy it and good luck breaking those packs.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey, hey...ridin' in style! Congrats, Billy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats Billy! I bet that car will be real handy in the wintertime

    ReplyDelete
  9. Do packs open sweeter surrounded by that new car smell?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations to your family!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks everyone! Still kind of in shock that it's real. I almost expected to wake up today and find out it was a dream. But it's real! Unfortunately for me, the doctor awaits...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats and that is great news!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. love that panoramic roof! congrats to you and your family! everyone deserves a dependable ride. you can also haul a lot of cardboard in there!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations! Beautiful car. My brother would be proud... he's been selling Fords for over three decades.

    ReplyDelete