Wednesday, August 29, 2018

My first Three-Way

trade! I've been trading online since the year 2000, but I've only ever done trades that were one person sending cards to me and me sending cards to somebody else. Not this time.

Cnagle on the Trading Card Database put up some vintage vehicle cards for trade, looking for football. I commented that I didn't have any vintage football, but I was interested in 19 of the cards. I asked if he would be willing to hold them until October, which would be my earliest opportunity to buy some vintage football to send him. Well, mutual friend Vrooomed sent me a message stating that he had some football available if Chad was interested in them. He did, and the trade was born. Dan (vrooomed) sent the football directly to Chad and Chad sent the vehicles to me. I will be giving Dan some money but haven't done that yet, which was agreed upon beforehand.

This is also my first all-vintage trade. The newest card I got was from 1965, and the newest Chad got was I think 1972.

My end from Chad arrived, and being vintage, I thought I would show them all off. This is a pretty important trade for me being the first time for a three-person trade and all-vintage trade.
1955 Topps Rails & Sails #16

1941 Wings Cigarettes Series B #10

1942 Wings Cigarettes Series C #10

1942 Wings Cigarettes Series C #11

1942 Wings Series C #13

1965 Donruss Spec Sheet #5

1965 Donruss Spec Sheet #5
 Is that the Orange Crate?? it sure looks like it!
1965 Donruss Spec Sheet #8

1965 Donruss Spec Sheet #11
 Stroppe Motorsports, which fielded this Mercury in the East Africa Safari in 1964, was also active in NASCAR from the 50s through the 1990s. Unfortunately, the drivers here are not labeled, and I can only find results of this rally from 1973-current.
1965 Donruss Spec Sheet #16

1965 Donruss Spec Sheet #25

1965 Donruss Spec Sheet #29

1965 Donruss Spec Sheet #35

1965 Donruss Spec Sheet #40

1965 Donruss Spec Sheet #47

1965 Donruss Spec Sheet #48
 Yes, that IS the Oakland Roadster Show!
1965 Donruss Spec Sheet #60

1965 Donruss Spec Sheet #64
Thank you for the excellent trade Chad and Dan! Before this, I only had two cards from the Donruss Spec Sheet set, one of which (not shown) I got another one of in this trade, but I think is an upgrade to the one I had.  And of course, any time I can add a card to Rails & Sails or the Wings Cigarettes sets is a very good day!

8 comments:

  1. Congrats on your first three-way ;) You got some great cards here, and helped out a fellow collector (or two). I didn't know Donruss made cards before 1981; I'm curious to see the backs of them. The fronts are fantastic. They kind of look like postcards from the scan..but I'm sure they're a bit different in hand.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Backs are not too great. Half is made up of an advertisement, and there's no color. You can see both sides of all 66 cards in the set here: https://www.tradingcarddb.com/ViewSet.cfm/sid/74677/1965-Donruss-Spec-Sheet

      Delete
  2. Wow, I never even imagined a 3-person trade. Next you'll be telling us you made a trade for a card to be named later!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would. I've offered to do a trade like that, but was declined.

      Delete
  3. Congratulations! Hard to complain about a three-way that leaves everyone walking away with a happy ending. Some of us may never get the opportunity to experience that. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome! Just had my first three way trade as well!

    ReplyDelete