Tuesday, August 21, 2018

$30 a Week Habit sends me more than 30 cards

Recently, I got a box of cards from Robert of $30 a Week Habit and My PCs One Card at a Time, who sent me a box of hockey goodness. Now, there were too many to show all of them, but here are some highlights:

4 new sets were added to my collection, with probably the highlights being 1976-77 O-Pee-Chee and 1987-88 O-Pee-Chee. The other two, not shown, are 2003-04 Heads Up and 1998-99 Finest, which happens to be the only one of the 67 cards he sent me that I have not scanned yet, I think!
One of the three 1976-77s he sent, which I am guessing are ones he upgraded in his on-going set build, is my first career issue of The Hammer.
It's my third card of his, but the other two were both issued long after his career ended. While I still have a lot to learn there are some names from the past I've already learned, and his is one of them.

Since I can't show two and leave out the third, here's Bob Nystrom:
 He seems to have been enjoying that photo shoot!

My Joe Sakic collection got a huge boost from him, with 16 of them joining my collection! It moved him into my top 10.
This one may be the most intriguing to me, as I have no idea what set it came out of. Robert or anyone else, do you know?

But there were more mainstream cards as well, going as far back as when the team was in Quebec:
 to Colorado...
 and even as an All-Star!
There were other players and sets represented as well, including some serious star power both retired and current, and even some inserts.
 (as an aside, the 1992-93 Topps design grows on me more and more every year. I've been familiar with this design since 1996 when I first saw it on an NBA card, yet I like it now more than ever. I don't know how to explain that)



In total, I got 67 new cards in the box, and all of them will be a part of my collection for many years to come. Thank you again Robert!

4 comments:

  1. Glad that they arrived safely Billy, and I'm really glad that you enjoyed them!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome stuff! Glad they found a good home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gotta love that Dave Schultz card

    ReplyDelete