Thursday, August 2, 2018

New NHL Players added to my collection in July 2018

Back again with another installment of my series looking at the new NHL players to join my collection each month. This month is very heavy on the Vegas Golden Knights, as the team set I ordered during the season finally arrived, which gave everyone who played for them a card...and 13 of them were new for me!
2017-18 Upper Deck #392

2017-18 Vegas Golden Knights Inaugural Season #12
 Bellemare should have been credited with the first goal in team history, but wasn't.
2017-18 Vegas Golden Knights Inaugural Season #29
2017-18 Vegas Golden Knights Inaugural Season #14
2017-18 Vegas Golden Knights Inaugural Season #18
2017-18 Vegas Golden Knights Inaugural Season #10
Karlsson shocked the hockey world by scoring 40 goals on the season. He went from being a healthy scratch most of last season to being a superstar.
2017-18 Vegas Golden Knights Inaugural Season #15

2017-18 Vegas Golden Knights Inaugural Season #13
2017-18 Vegas Golden Knights Inaugural Season #4
2017-18 Vegas Golden Knights Inaugural Season #31
This is Whitecloud's first card, the only player to not have cards issued before this team set.. He played in only one game for the team.
2017-18 Vegas Golden Knights Inaugural Season #6
2017-18 Vegas Golden Knights Inaugural Season #34
2017-18 Vegas Golden Knights Inaugural Season #28
2017-18 Vegas Golden Knights Inaugural Season #16
Almost the entire rest of the post is made up of new people added to my collection via the COMC order that arrived on 7/29.
2015-16 O-Pee-Chee Update Black #U22
2015-16 O-Pee-Chee Update #U23

2016-17 Upper Deck #457
2017-18 CHL Top Prospects Game #TP20
Not quite NHL yet, but probably someday...
1997-98 Pinnacle Be A Player Autograph #109
One of three cards from this auto set I got in the box.
2016-17 Upper Deck #208
2007-08 Ice #117
Like all Ice rookies, and most veterans, this is clear plastic. 

These next two, they are not NHL...but I had to include them here anyway. I had seen a few of the Finnish Cardset brand get posted to the Trading Card Database, and decided I needed to have it represented in my collection. I ended up with two!
1998-99 Cardset Off-Duty
When I did a search for "Cardset" and found a whole bunch available for sale, I had to get the really unique card showing, on the front, a player sitting down to eat, and on the back, posing with the chef!
Unfortunately for me, I can't read Finnish, so I have no idea what it says.

I got a regular player action card, too.
2012-13 Cardset #205
I really like the fact that there are cards released for leagues outside of North America. I wish I had more access to them because I would certainly collect them. I collect sports, not just specific people, teams or even leagues!

2015-16 Ice #116
The final new person added to my collection was my Card of the Day for July 30th, from the COMC box that arrived in December.

6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. it was...and I even forgot somebody. I'll get an addendum up next week probably.

      Delete
  2. My parents left for Las Vegas in 1998... which means they got to experience the San Jose Sharks for five solid years (seven seasons if you include the Cow Palace years). They never once showed any interest in hockey. This year the Golden Knights shock the hockey world and they become huge fans. I was so annoyed. Regardless... I need to get me some Knights inaugural cards, so my mom can start memorizing their names and jersey numbers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes it just takes the right situation to get into something. I was first exposed to hockey in 1995 when my school introduced floor hockey...I loved it, it was the only sport I was any good at playing. I put on NHL on TV but it didn't stick. I couldn't tell what I was seeing and I couldn't see the puck. Now, though, thanks to my TV dying I put it on on my phone, in HD and right next to my head, and got hooked!

      Delete
  3. I bet the Scandinavian countries have a bunch more cool sets to collect. Wish I could help.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do...a lot of them have been posted to the Trading Card Database. Thanks for the thought!

      Delete