Wednesday, September 26, 2018

A NASCAR Hockey Card

If you remember my previous post about two of my sports crossing over on one card, this is not like that. This is an actual NASCAR card inserted in a hockey set!
In 1995, Classic issued a 5 card preview set for the new 5-Sport brand (replacing the 4-Sport release of the previous three years). Classic had just gotten the NASCAR license and it was the 5th sport in the set. I had no idea they issued the preview cards in the hockey set, until I got this one from the collection I just bought.

I probably would never have even known to look for it if I didn't get it, so I consider that a major victory for me. I was unaware that there was any NASCAR included in the collection when I bought it, but there were about 25 cards, mostly all from the 1995 5-Sport sets. (they issued two with the same designs, for some reason...it's Classic). I did manage to add three pure NASCAR cards to my collection though, which is pretty cool as two were from 1994 and one from 1995. Although 1998 is my favorite season in the sport's history, 1994 is my favorite season for NASCAR cards. I have not scanned any of the other NASCAR cards yet, from either the Multi-Sport sets or the pure NASCAR sets, or else you'd be seeing them here.

2 comments: