Friday, September 7, 2018

New People added to my collection in August 2018

This is a pretty small month for new people who don't fall under my three main sports. At least it makes an easy post for me to create!

1940s J.J. Newberry
I had no idea what this set was, but I saw it at my local vintage dealer for cheap and decided to buy it. I thought it was 30s, but apparently is wartime. There is no year known for sure. I had never heard of him, but I decided to take a gamble for $1.
2018 Sports Illustrated for Kids 5 #756

2018 Sports Illustrated for Kids 5 #757

2018 Sports Illustrated for Kids 5 #758

2018 Sports Illustrated for Kids #762
1965 Donruss Spec Sheet #29
This is Jack Williams, who won the points trophy in an un-named drag racing series in 1964. I don't know if it was NHRA, IHRA or some other sanctioning body. I've tagged NHRA just to keep all drag racing posts together, at least.

That's it. I'm happy to have some more female athletes represented, (even if two are college) and any time I can add a new racer is a good day. Based on how sports cards are, it's not going to be often where the new female athletes actually outnumber the male.

6 comments:

  1. SI for Kids is a great way to add new athletes to your collection. Especially since they cover sports that aren't always featured on cardboard and at least a couple of woman that may or may not get trading cards ever again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thers a lot of people who have their only card here!

      Delete
  2. Hey Billy Sent you a lot in on the March card Check your email

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I just got home from Lake George so I didn't have email access while I was there.

      Delete
  3. I wonder if SI for kids is going to do a card of Naomi Osaka, the upcoming Japanese tennis star? I might need to start a subscription!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The cards are usually available as singles on eBay as soon as the issue comes out. You might want to add a card from earlier this year, as Yuzuru Hanyu got a card.

      Delete