Thursday, September 20, 2018

some Serial Numbered cards from the collection I bought

If you've been reading here for any length of time, you know that Serial Numbered cards are one of my major addictions. I've never met a SN card I didn't like. Today I'm going to highlight some of them that have come in this collection- you've already seen a couple in the first post I made showing some highlights, so I'm not going to repost them. And there's a couple I have not scanned yet, too.

 1998-99 SPx Finite #131. SN5400, the 1998-99 SPx set was the first in NBA history where every card was SN. The various subsets were numbered lower than the base veteran cards. This is one of those subsets.
 2000-01 Finest #139. Surprisingly, this is my first rookie card from the set, even though I did a box if it when it was new!
 2000-01 Topps Gold Label Class 1 #93
 2000-01 Topps Gold Label Class 1 #97. This is the other card I accidentally marked as part of my collection on the Trading Card Database back in 2012, but didn't actually get until 2018. I had the Class 2 card from the box I opened when the set was new, but I mistakenly marked that I had the class 1. Now, I do!
2000-01 Upper Deck UD Exclusives #62. This one has the number clearly visible. Not every card in this parallel is so easy to read.
 I said I wasn't going to post this card, but I changed my mind. The yellow is almost invisible on the scan.
 A card from the first year of UD Exclusives! This insert would run to the end of the Upper Deck era (with the exception of 2001-02, when it was renamed UDX to celebrate the 10th anniversary of Upper Deck NBA cards). This is only my third from the set. I pulled one each from series 1 and series 2 back in the day- Michael Finley from s1, one of the dozens of Michael Jordan cards from s2. this Abdur-Rahim card is #182 and is SN 086/100.
 This card, from 1999-00 EX, is actually an error because the holofoil was incorrectly applied. For now it's part of my main collection, if I ever get another copy it will be moved to the Error collection.
I can't remember the last time I got one of the Xceeding Xpectations subset cards from 2002-03 Topps Xpectations. (SN750). It's been a long time.
This insert, from 1999-00 Fleer Mystique, is even brighter and crazier in hand than the scan shows. You can barely see the pattern in the card in the scan.

2 comments:

  1. That Abdur-Rahim is awesome! Fleer Mystique was such a cool product. Loved peeling those mystery cards. I've found a few unpeeled cards over the years... and every time I've tried to peel it, the card gets damaged.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't remember that at all...I wonder if it was baseball only, or if I just plain forgot. Either is possible at this point, as it's now been 18 years since I opened that years Mystique!

      Delete